Comprehensive care for breast and endocrine diseases
- Urgent appointments for breast cancer, or suspicion of cancer, within 24-48 hours
- Comprehensive diagnostic, treatment and support service
- Multi-disciplinary team creates plan unique to each patient
- State-of-the-art digital mammography/tomosynthesis
- In-house psychiatric expertise for ongoing psychological care
Burnside Hospital's Breast and Endocrine Centre provides a comprehensive diagnostic, treatment and support service for women and men with breast problems, including cancer.
Our multi-disciplinary team of Medical Oncologists, Radio-oncologists, Pathologists, Radiologists, Reconstructive Surgeons, Breast Surgeons, Geneticists, Breast Care Nurses and Researchers collaborate to develop a treatment plan unique to the specific needs of each patient.
Our services include urgent appointments for breast cancer or suspicion of cancer, on-site radiology using state-of-the-art digital mammography/tomosynthesis, vacuum assisted biopsy availability, same day results (unless additional complex testing is required), breast and endocrine surgery, oncoplastics, general surgery, and ultrasound for diagnostic and minor procedures.