The Burnside Hospital is proud to partner with the Breast & Endocrine Centre to provide comprehensive, specialist breast and endocrine care.
The Breast Centre brings together a multidisciplinary team to provide a diagnostic, treatment and support service for women (and men) with breast disease.
The team consists of Medical Oncologists, Radio-oncologists, Pathologists, Radiologists, Reconstructive Surgeons, Breast Surgeons, Geneticists, Breast Care Nurses and Researchers to develop collaboratively an individual treatment plan for each patient.
Working in conjunction with the hospital and co-located Dr Jones and Partners radiology service, the doctors at the Breast and Endocrine Centre provide a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient breast care service on-site.
Patients are offered:
- Urgent appointments for breast cancer, or suspicion of cancer, within 24 – 48 hours
- Onsite radiology using state of the art mammography/tomosynthesis (Vacora biopsy available)
- Same day results (unless additional complex testing is required)
- Breast Clinician (doctor) for routine follow-up patient appointments
- Dedicated breast care, from diagnosis to hospital care to oncology and follow-up
- The ability to contact a Breast Care Nurse afterhours for advice and support
- In-house Psychiatrist for ongoing psychological management and wellbeing
- Quality Innovation Performance (QIP) accredited for ultrasound performed by surgeons for diagnostic & minor procedures.
- Breast and endocrine surgery
- General Surgery
- Digital mammogram with tomosynthesis
- Vacuum Assisted Biopsy (VAB)
Specialists are also involved with Dame Roma Mitchell Cancer Research Laboratory at the University of Adelaide.
Information & resources
2 August 2018 / 262 KB / pdf