Colorectal surgery refers to a variety of procedures used to investigate or repair damage to the colon, rectum, anus and pelvic floor caused by diseases of the lower digestive tract, such as diverticulitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) or cancer.
Surgeons at Burnside Hospital also offer minimally-invasive diagnostic and treatment options including endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Colorectal services at Burnside Hospital include:
- Upper GI endoscopy
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Colorectal cancer surgery
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Surgery for Crohn’s Disease
- Perianal abscess and anal fistula surgery
- Repair surgery
- Treatment of haemorrhoids