It is advisable to have your bag packed by 36 weeks, in case you go into labour earlier than expected.
What to bring for you
- Medicare card and any other health care cards and pension numbers
- Private health fund card
- Health fund excess and/or co-payment monies
- Sleepwear, dressing gown and slippers
- Comfortable day wear
- Maternity bras
- Non-slip footwear
- Sanitary pads for use following delivery
- Clothes for your baby to wear home (S/He will be provided with clothes while in hospital)
- Current medications (in their original containers)
- Reading material and / or something else to do
- Small amount of cash
A small lockable cupboard is provided for use in each room. Burnside Hospital does not accept liability for lost or damaged personal items or valuables. You should label your personal belongings clearly so they can be easily located if misplaced.
Laundry services for clothing is not available on-site.
What to bring for baby
Burnside Hospital is pleased to provide a ‘starter pack’ of 10 newborn nappies to assist you on your first day post delivery.
You will need to bring a supply of nappies for the remainder of your stay. You can purchase nappies from Cafe Otto, located on the ground floor of the hospital (adjacent to the main reception).
While the hospital does provide a limited range of clothing for newborns, you are encouraged to bring with you your baby’s own clothing, including baby booties and cotton mittens.
To take baby home, please ensure you have:
- Baby rug
If you have the option of participating in the Maternity Outreach Program at the InterContinental Adelaide, you will need to provide all clothing for your baby.