In the interest of mitigating the risk of cross infection and maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our patients, visitors, staff and visiting medical officers, we are based on advice, continuing to screen all visitors to the Hospital at front reception as well as staff, allied health practitioners, visiting medical officers and contractors.
Following consultation and consideration of current status, Burnside Hospital will ease its current visitor restrictions, effective from 1500 hours Tuesday 16th February 2021 as follows:
- All visitors must not be unwell when they visit, attend compulsory screening, QR check in and undertake hand hygiene upon entry to the hospital.
- Access to the hospital continues to be via the main entrance located on Kensington Road (both entry and exit) and the COVID Marshall will coordinate the screening process.
- Hand hygiene continues to be necessary.
- We request that either the patient or the nominated caregiver make contact with visitors to arrange a suitable schedule to ensure that visitors are not refused and patients/visitors disappointed.
All patients (with the exception of day procedure and oncology patients), are able to have visitors (including children), but only two at any given time, to ensure social distancing is maintained.
Maternity patients may have their partner and two nominated support persons visit them at any time, each day.
- Siblings may visit daily between the hours of 3.00 pm and 8.00 pm, though ideally for no longer than two hours at a time and must remain in the mothers room for the duration of the visit, with other areas of the hospital prohibited.
- All other visitors may visit between the hours of 3.00pm and 8.00pm daily – maximum of two (2) visitors at any given time – this can be in addition to their partner or nominated support person (eg, partner plus grandmother & grandfather)
Post COVID-19 maternity and general hospital visiting hours are being reviewed to better reflect the care and individual needs of patients on a permanent basis.
ONCOLOGY / DAY PROCEDURE PATIENTS
No visitors /support person can be accepted into the Brian Fricker Oncology Centre or day procedure unit at this time.
The Burnside Hospital reserves the right to alter these visitor restriction arrangements in its unfettered discretion to ensure the safety of patients, staff and visiting medical officers in relation to any changing COVID-19 status.
We thank you for your cooperation with the measures the Hospital is taking to keep everyone safe and well.
Updated 18h February 2021
What this means for you as a patient? Our number one priority at the Hospital is to keep you safe. As an in-patient we ask that you please make contact with your family and friends and let them know of our updated visitor policy. Your family and friends can still make telephone contact with you whilst you are here.
We encourage the use of mobile phones for video calls through channels such as FaceTime, Skype, Facebook Messenger and the use of social media to remain connected to your friends and loved ones during this challenging time.
The Hospital is pleased to offer all patients a complimentary Wi-Fi service to assist with data usage during your stay. If you have not yet received any information on how to access this complimentary service, please contact our reception team on extension 7200 for assistance and access passwords.
We acknowledge that these times are challenging for you as a patient and that visitors and conversation can help aid your recovery and pass the day. We encourage you to reach out to our wonderful nursing staff for a chat if you need.
On behalf of the entire Burnside Hospital team, we want to thank you for your cooperation as we navigate our way through these challenging times.
We will continue to keep you updated with any other changes that may apply and be relevant to your time with us at the Hospital.
Updated 18th February 2021