Dr Ian Tucker
Gynaecologist, Certified Urogynaecologist
MB,BS. FRANZCOG, FRCOG, CU.
Full-time private practice in Adelaide at Adelaide Specialist Incontinence Services.
In the Mid 1980’s, Dr Tucker, along with Dr Peter Glenning (Melbourne) and the late Dr James Gibson (Sydney), was seconded by the RANZCOG to establish Urogynaecology as a formal subspecialty. After enormous work and considerable difficulties, this was achieved and was a world first. Subsequently, Dr Tucker was a ‘prime mover’ in the establishment of the Urogynaecological Society of Australasia and still sits on the UGSA Board as Vice Chairman.
Dr Tucker has been a pioneer in the field of Sacral Nerve Neuromodulation for disturbances of bladder in particular refractory Overactive Detrusor and bowel dysfunction and has chaired sessions nationally and overseas at major conferences. Dr Tucker lectures extensively in Australia and internationally.
More recently, Dr Tucker has developed a revised version of the lead used for S3 neuromodulation and this lead has dramatically reduced inward migration which had proven to be a problem with the previous lead.
In 2015 Dr Tucker presented in France at the IUGA Annual Scientific meeting on Future Developments in Sacral Neuromodulation and chaired a workshop on pelvic pain and neuromodulation.
The 2016 CFA National Scientific Meeting will be in Adelaide in November and the CFA Committee encourages all Nursing Physio and Allied Health Professionals involved or with an interest in Incontinence and Urogenital Dysfunction [involving Males, Females and Children] to attend.
Dr Tucker has a long association with Burnside Hospital and is extremely grateful for the professionalism and dedication and also with the very sensitive approach to patient care and wellbeing.
- Member of Urogenital Prosthesis & Devices Clinical Advisory Group of the Australian Federal Government Department of Health & Ageing.
- National Vice President and Member of the Board of Directors of the Continence Foundation of Australia.
- Vice President of the CFA [SA Branch].
- Vice Chairman of the Advisory Board of UGSA [Urogynaecological Society of Australasia]
- Member of the International Advisory Board of Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica
- Member International Advisory Board for Boston Scientific [USA] with Dr Peter Rosenblatt [Boston], Dr Karen Noblett [Los Angeles] and Dr Sandip Vasavada [Cleveland].
- Member of IUGA
- Member of ICS
- Member of the International Neuromodulation Society
- Secretary of the Audio-Engineering Society [Adelaide Section]