Thank you for choosing Burnside Hospital for your hospital stay. We aim to give you the best care and support to ensure your comfort and welfare. The information provided is designed to help you and your family prepare for your upcoming admission.
Prior to your admission, you will need to complete Burnside Hospital eAdmissions (available in July 2017)
Paper admission forms are still acceptable and can be delivered by hand, post or fax. Download these here.
What to do next
- Complete your eAdmission form online or submit a paper copy to the hospital.
- Contact your private health insurer to ask what you are covered for including any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Discuss your planned procedure, expected outcomes, any associated risks, alternatives and recovery with your doctor.
- Enquire if rehabilitation or discharge planning arrangements are required following your procedure and how long you will stay in hospital. It is likely that should you require rehabilitation, that this may be accommodated at Burnside Hospital.
- Ask for instructions on fasting and stopping medications prior to surgery.
- Your doctor may refer you to another specialist (e.g. anaesthetist) in conjunction with your pre-operative preparation.
- Ensure you have thoroughly read and understood all of the admissions information.
- Report to the main reception on the day and time you have been advised.
Our patient admissions team can assist with the admission process and answer any questions. Please contact them on (08) 8202 7222.