High calibre visiting surgeons perform a wide range
of surgical procedures in a modern, well-equipped five-theatre operating
suite. Specialty areas include :
• Breast Surgery
• Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
• Ophthalmology (eye surgery)
• Oral Surgery
• Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
• Vascular Surgery
For added convenience, a number of visiting specialists
have on-site consulting rooms in the Attunga Medical Centre and Godfree
A four-bed High Dependancy Unit that provides intensive post-operative
monitoring where required, supports the surgical service.
Our complimentary pre-admission service is available to assist patients in
preparing for major elective surgery. Our goal is to provide timely,
comprehensive information in an informal, supportive setting. The
session will take up to 45 minutes and is conducted by an experienced Registered Nurse.
The pre-admission assessment includes :
• A review of your admission forms;
• An outline of your pre- and post-operative care including pain relief, exercise and mobilization regimes;
• An ECG or blood tests if required;
• Discussion about your discharge and aftercare arrangements, and;
• An opportunity for you to discuss any aspect of your planned surgery.
The pre-admission visit is usually conducted in the week prior to your admission to hospital. An appointment can be made at the time of consulting
your treating surgeon. We encourage you take advantage of this service as our Pre-admission Registered Nurse can also assist you and
your family/carers to plan any support you may need in returning
confidently to your home or residential care facility.
^ Back to Top